Hope's Journey

Hope's Journey

Monday, September 21, 2009

We made it to Ukraine

Wow, we made it!  The travel was great ... no problems at all.  We do feel a little sorry for our driver Andre' ... he had to carry our bags up three flights of stairs to our aparment.  Let's just say when in larger quantities the weight of crayons, soap, skittles and m & m's, snicker's etc ... do add up.  Thanks you all who helped us stuff our bags with items for the orphans.  They are going to be thrilled ... Andre was too once we loaded him up with sweets for his kids. 

Tonight we had dinner with our facilitator at a little cafe in the center of Kiev. The food was outstanding and they specialize in "flavored hot tea's."  I (Kristi) had Borsch soup and a cabbage salad ... yes, I love cabbage.  Darrin had a homemade soup and meat wrapped in grape leaves.  We are so excited about SDA appointment tomorrow at 10 am (2 am for those of you in Texas.)  We will receive our referral for Nadia on Wednesday complete additional documents and travel to Dobro to see Nadia her on Thursday.  We will stay in Dobro where the orphanage is until our court date.  During that time we will not have computer access.

Thank you for your prayers ... we appreciate and feel them working daily in our lives.  We will post some pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you made it. With excited anticipation and tears of joy I wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i'am glad you are there .Thankyou so much for keeping me Ms. Kristy.I think you are will have a nice trip .It is fun to have a child like Nadia. I'am happy and glad for you.I'll pray for you,Nadia and Darrin and who live there.My mom and my family will pray your family.I will glad to see Nadiain my house and in your house .We will try to call you at 10 o'clock.I will try to sand you messedge i saw your picture she have a preety smile.I am glad to see you agein on three weeks.My dad appreciate's messedge.I love you Kennedy!!!!

    ReplyDelete